If you feel stressed for all the things that you have to do, places to go, things to buy, and people to meet, then the purpose of a holiday is defeated.
The holidays are days for what is supposed to be of relaxation, enjoyment, love, and thriving. Find some ideas here to make sure it is so for you.
Surviving vs Thriving
Surviving during the holidays is when we spend most of our time leading up to them stressed out, frustrated, anxious, angry, fearful, or sad.
Thriving during the holidays is when we have a good time and enjoy almost every activity we do or participate in. As a result, we feel relaxed, content, playful, happy, peaceful, and joyful.
Thriving during the holidays
The following blog posts contain information about the holidays, and about interacting with people, that can help you thrive during the coming days. Read on.
1. First, know that stress can get you sick. All the preparatives we have to check off the list might get us all stressed out on top of the present buying and the people we are going to... read more: How Stress Can Get You Sick
2. Somehow we got sold the idea of gift-giving during the holidays. The idea felt good because it is the celebration of Jesus' birth and because it feels good to give. But, let me tell you. It is not always good to give, especially when... read more: Giving Is Not Always Good
3. Holiday season is the time we gather around our friends and loved ones. This gathering of people brings many different types of energies we need to navigate through. If you are planning to join gatherings (in person or video calls), make sure you are prepared for... read more: Pleasant Gatherings
4. Before you decide to join gatherings, prepare yourself with the intention to understand those around you instead of just feeling annoyed, angry, fearful, or frustrated by them. You can do this by seeing more than you physically... read more: Learn to “See” Others
5. To wrap it up. As the intensity of activities and things to do increases around you, remember to take care of the most important person in... read more: Take Care of Your Energy During The Holidays
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” —Hamilton Wright Mabie
Be safe and have a wonderful time as you celebrate the holidays and welcome the New Year 2021!
Did you like this post? Subscribe here to send you more like it to your inbox. Also, feel free to share this post in your social media or with someone you think might benefit from this information. Thank you!
The Best Way To End The Year
Had It Not Been For 2020
Doesn’t Matter What Others Want, What Matters Is What You Want
We Are All Connected To Each Other