You can live a meaningful life
This tendency to not say it or recognize it is because we might be afraid that we’re going to want to make changes that others might not be too happy about or because we don’t feel comfortable with uncertainty in our lives or because we don’t trust or believe we have what it takes to achieve a meaningful life.
But let me tell you, there is no way around it. If you want to live a peaceful life with love, joy, freedom and contentment, you need to follow your heart until you’re living your meaningful life.
How close are you?
Although this is not a comprehensive list, and much less in order of importance, it will give you an idea of where to start so you can begin living the meaningful life you desire.
- You are excited about your day and can’t wait to start living it
- You no longer care what day of the week is (ie: Friday or Monday)
- You’re not afraid to try new things
- You want something, you go get it
- You’re excited when you figure something out
- You know life is not that serious but it’s also not a joke
- You set up goals but are flexible and gentle with yourself if you need to change them
- You know yourself so well and love and accept the way you are
- You feel you are your best friend
- You enjoy silence and solitude
- You have healed some past hurts and know what to do to keep healing
- You understand you are not your mind
- You understand you are valuable and important
- You understand the game of life
- You’re always looking to improve yourself and your life
- You take care of what bothers you
- You know what to do to feel good
- You know you’re doing the best you can
- You know or feel or have an idea of your purpose here on earth
- You know failure is not a bad rap like most make it sound
- You’re okay with uncertainty because you know you can adjust
- You know how to manage your emotions
- Your emotional state does not depend on any thing or any one
- You know what you want
- You know what you don’t want
- You know you have the power to be, do and have anything you choose
Just make sure you're honest with yourself when highlighting the bullets you've mastered. Also, you don’t have to brag about how meaningful your life is, instead live it well so others can see it’s possible and can learn from your example.
Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it.” — Joseph Campbell
Joseph Campbell said that you bring meaning to your own life -only you and no one else. So, what are you willing to do today to begin living the life you so much desire? What are you going to do today to bring meaning to your own life? Go to the comments below and let me know what comes to your mind.
Are You Living By Default?
Do You Tend To Dim Your Inner Light?
Learn to Live With Uncertainty
Create Anything You Want in Your Life