You were designed to self-heal
To protect the functionality of the physical body, the body has many ways to release extra energy, and to request fuel to function, by notifying you when it needs to do some tasks such as eat, drink, discharge, sleep, rest, move, and many more. These signals are a sure way to keep it functioning properly. Some of them happen whether you want them or not, and some other ones you need to do something about it.
But what about emotional healing? The body also has a way to maintain itself emotionally healthy and these include the need to cry, the need to laugh, the need to communicate, the need to grow spiritually, and many more. In the other cases mentioned above, the body takes care of most of the tasks by itself, but in order to stay emotional healthy “you” need to do most of the things your body and soul need.
You need to pay attention to what your body is telling you and deliberately do them if you want to be emotionally healthy. It’s only when we don’t pay attention and don’t do what our body is asking us to do that we begin to become dis-eased.
Your body is always communicating with you. You have to pay attention and trust what your body is telling you.
How to communicate with your body
If you don’t know how to pay attention to your body try any or all of these methods below to learn how to listen to your body. There are many more ways than these and maybe you already have your own method, but if not, I suggest you begin here:
- Muscle testing –Muscle testing is an easy way to ask your body questions of which the answer can be a yes or no. Usually the muscles get strong and not easy to move when the answer is a "yes" or "I agree", and the muscles get weak when the answer is a "no" or "I disagree".
There are different muscle testing methods, but the ones I usually do are the double circles, when I have both hands free, or the sticky smooth when I only have one hand free. You can see some techniques here in this video. I recommend you to try them all and practice and practice until you find the one, or two, you feel most comfortable with.
- Intuition –Intuition is sometimes called the sixth sense and everyone has the ability to use it, male or female. It is not exclusive to a gender since it is a direct connection to our Source. You innately have access to this communication channel and you are always receiving information whether you recognize it or not.
Need help connecting with your intuition? Deliberately use your intuition, every day all day, to make decisions from little things to bigger more important things such us which clothes to use, which route to take to work, what things to do during the day, which foods to eat, who to go out with, who to marry, etc. You get the idea. Us not liking what we hear from our intuition doesn’t mean it's not there talking to us. It’s there and it's always talking to us, always. Calm your thoughts, pay attention and listen.
- Inner Detector –Before I learned about muscle testing and how to deliberately listen and understand my intuition, I created this method I call the Inner Detector. Because I’m a visual learner, I had to create something in my mind that would help me “see” my selection process when I was not clear on what to do or when I needed to find what was causing an issue. It’s very simple. First you close your eyes. Then in your mind make a list of possible issues that might be causing your problem and align them in front of you. Now, imagine you have a metal detector in your hands and as you pass the metal detector in front of each one of the issues, you will notice a “beep” or activation in the detector when you find your answer. Simple isn’t it? Try it.
Exercises you can do now to heal yourself
I want to remind you that if you believe you suffer from a serious health imbalance, go to see a Doctor, a licensed healthcare practitioner or another appropriate professional.
- EFT –Emotional Freedom Technique is a form of psychological acupressure where the end of energy meridian points are being tapped to release emotional wounds from your energetic body. I highly recommend you this technique because you can do it on your own. You can see how to do it in this video. Most EFT practitioners don’t do the full method like in this video, but since this full method has worked wonders for me, it’s the one I want to recommend. Try it when you are feeling a very strong negative emotion you no longer need and want to release.
- Visualization: Spatial Separation –This exercise will help you to separate yourself from the event that caused your emotional pain. First bring a painful memory to your mind. Imagine it as if you are there seeing it even if you are seeing yourself in the scene. As you see the scene, imagine someone next to you. It can be a loved one, an Angel, Jesus, or anyone that represents a strong healing force to you. Now, you two are seeing this scene. As you two see it, allow the scene to leave, as you see a car driving away, until the scene is so small that it's reduced to nothing. When the scene disappears from your visualization, your emotional pain disappears with it. You will still be able to remember the event, but it will no longer cause you pain.
- Breathing to a Spot –You know breathing is life, well; breathing some life to a painful spot has helped me heal minor pain such as headaches, sore muscles, and neck pain. Try it by closing your eyes and visualizing how the oxygen inhaled travels to the spot where you need it. In most cases you should begin feeling better after a few breaths. Stop when you feel you don’t need any more. If the pain has not subsided, give it some time.
You can also use breathing to a spot to begin feeling better emotionally. Close your eyes and imagine the flow of oxygen go to your brain, more specifically to areas where your neurons communicate with each other. If you feel lightheaded, stop and try again later.
I hope these techniques help you begin your self-healing journey. Just remember, you didn’t get sick overnight, and even though you can heal some emotions overnight, there is still more work to do and it might take some time. Don’t get discouraged and keep on healing.
Personal healing on all levels - physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual comes when we get in touch with our disowned energies.... Through integrating all aspects of ourselves, we become whole." –Shakti Gawain
Now tell me, do you believe you can heal yourself? Have you done it? Tell me about it in the comments below.