What is inner guidance?
This inner guidance is unique and belongs just to you because it comes from your Soul. Your Soul already knows your plan for this life and it’s always guiding you towards it from the inside.
This inner guidance is felt in your body right under your rib cage. Some call it inner knowing because it’s when you know things without knowing how you know them. Some others call it intuition, and some others call it gut feeling because most people feel it in their gut area.
This feeling is a good feeling that makes you feel uplifted, strong and determined when you follow its direction. Don’t remember how it feels? Let me help you remember.
Listening your inner guidance
As a result we now feel we’re living our lives as running around without a purpose and sense of direction – just like chickens with our heads cut off (please don’t imagine this).
Learning to recognize how your inner guidance feels in your body is very simple, although you might need some practice. Keep in mind, you already know how to do this, you just need to remember -just like re-learning to ride a bicycle.
You can begin with very simple things like which color to pick, what destination for your next vacation, or which book to read.
So, let’s do this quick exercise so you can remember how it feels in your body. Make sure you read each word and as you rest your eyes on that word(s), pay attention to how it feels in your gut and your body. Is it good and strong or is it bad and weak?
Get quiet and give yourself time to listen and feel. What do you prefer? Take your time on each word and notice which of these feel better in your body:
- Blue or Yellow
- Alaska or Cancun
- Non-fiction book or A novel
- 3 or 7
- Black or White
- Yes or No
Did you notice the difference? If not, try again. You need to get used to listen to your inner guidance. You need to know how good feels and where you feel it in your body.
How to use your inner guidance to improve your life
But we all know that for most of us life would not be fun if it was all smooth sailing. This is because we have within ourselves a continuous need to improve and be better. But in order for us to see a need to improve and be better, we need to be facing adversity and undesired situations.
- Happy path. Your inner guidance is what you need to get out adversity and undesired situations to begin improving your life and bring you back to your happy path.
- Simplest of things. You can also pay attention to your inner guidance for even the most simplest of things such as what to wear, what to eat, what to say. In fact, it’s there where I recommend you to begin if you need to remember how to listen.
- Clear options. This is very common in our everyday life. Sometimes we have options we don’t like but we need to choose one. So learn to recognize which one is not that good but still better that the other option(s).
- Dreams and desires. When you have to make choices and are not sure where to begin, always go back to your core. Meaning, always check first against your dreams and desires. They’re your guiding light from your Soul to take you back to your happy path.
Begin doing any one of these things above. As you practice and feel more confident you can extend to another one until you’ve master them all.
What 2 options do you have? To do or not to do something, to go or not to go somewhere, to buy or not to buy something, you get the idea. Find two options of one thing you need to happen.
Pay attention to the two options you give yourself, listen to your inner guidance and pick the option that feels better. If you have more than two options, analyze two of them first and then analyze the winner of those two against the next one, and so on. Do this until you have your optimal option chosen and it feels good to you.
Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness.” –Shakti Gawain
Do you have another method to listen to your inner guidance? Please share it with us below.
Find Inner Peace by Living in the Present
The Key to Understanding Your Soul’s Direction
What Does It Mean To Be Spiritual?
9 Ways To Calm Your Mind