You see, I don’t see heaven as a place somewhere up there. Rather, I see it as an emotional state down here on earth -heaven on earth.
Heaven on earth is when you are hopeful, positive, happy, understanding, caring, joyful and feel satisfied while living in this world. It is when you are living most of your time in positive emotions of at least 60 as shown in The Joy Scale.
We're all born hopeful and eager for this earthly experience. But little by little, negative experience after negative experience, we begin to accumulate negative emotions and learn to live with them.
That’s right; as we grow older we become used to living with those negative emotions. We don’t even know we’re doing it, we don’t even know how we’re doing it, and much less know how we’re going to go back to feeling good and happy again.
How are children?
Here’s a small list of things I’ve learned from my children in the last few years:
- Children don’t see why everything is a big deal
- Children forgive fast and don’t hold grudges
- Children follow their instincts and are always striving for joy
- Children focus on the present and do only things they enjoy
- Children are eager for experience and don’t get discouraged when it’s not positive
- Children are persistent until they reach their goal
- Children want everyone to see what they’ve done and are not focused on perfection
- Children are humble and see all people as equal
- Children don’t have negative personality traits
- Children trust in a good future and expect to get what they desire
Now tell me, what have you learned from children?