This summary includes: recognize your mood and emotions, learn to love yourself, and begin improving your emotional state.
- Understand your mood: Your mood is the average emotional state that you’re experiencing day to day. It's usually a mix of emotions, is long in duration, and it’s not easy to pinpoint when it started or ended.
- Recognize your emotions: Emotions are reactions in your body that help you understand the experiences that you are living day to day. They are usually caused by an event, they last from a few minutes to a few hours, and you can feel them so intensely in your body. Once you know how to recognize them when they appear in your life, you are better able to manage them instead of being managed by them.
- Loving yourself means that you do whatever you need to do to find your own internal sense of stability
- In order to find your own internal sense of stability, you need to listen to who you really are until you understand your own true nature. To do that you begin by paying attention and knowing yourself so well that you learn to respect, trust, honor, believe, accept and forgive yourself.
- By loving yourself you recognize that you are important, that you’re worthy, that you matter, and that you deserve a better life. Loving yourself has nothing to do with others. It is your own personal journey.
- The first step in improving your life is to be aware of your current emotional state -where you are right now.
- The Joy Scale is a linear representation of emotions that allows you to see and measure your progress as you move from one emotional state to another. Its purpose is to help you understand the state of your internal emotions so you are conscious about it and can make wiser decisions in your life.
- 7 Steps to improve your life using The Joy Scale (this method is not a substitute for physical and mental health treatment/attention. Use it as a supplement instead.)
- Print out The Joy Scale
- Identify and select areas of life
- Write one area of life on each one of the scales
- Rate your current emotions
- Set your emotional goal
- Get distracted
- Measure your improvement and re-assess
I will be on vacation for the next two weeks and I will not be posting articles to my blog during that time. I will resume on the first Tuesday of 2016.
I hope these days with your friends and loved ones are filled with love, joy, laughter and music. Happy Holidays!!