Yes, you can inform yourself, ask for advice and opinions, and even interview experts. But eventually, you are the only one that will make the final decision to make something happen.
It could be as simple as the route to take when driving, the style of clothes you want to wear, what foods to eat, to more complicated ones like the career you want to study, the kind of job you want, the city you want to live in, the house you want to buy, how much money to spend, how much money to save... everything.
It may seem that some things are insignificant, but every decision and action you make, as small as it may seem, creates a result that affects your life.
Create a Successful Life
I have created the flow chart below to show you the steps I have taken to create fulfilling and joyful experiences in my life.
It is a series of 6 steps in which you learn to be intentional, and in full control, of every step to create a successful life.
Here are the steps I recommend you to follow so you can begin creating your successful life:
- Thought. It all begins with a thought. Life is created from thoughts. You just need to be conscious and decide which thoughts you give your attention to. Thoughts come to you depending on how you feel, so make your best effort in feeling good to receive the best ones.
Feeling. After you have a thought, evaluate it with your internal guidance system -your gut. Don't know how to interpret what your gut is telling you? Begin by paying attention to your emotions, your attitude, your mood.
Does it feel good to think that thought? Yes? Then go ahead and move on to the next step. If not, go back to the Thought step and choose another thought.
Stay in that loop until you get a positive feeling about what you are thinking. A way to shorten your time in the loop is to calm your mind before you begin the process again.
- Idea. Once you have chosen a thought that feels good, pay attention to it and begin brainstorming. Ideas will come to you about those good thoughts. Pick one or a few that feel good to you and move on to the next step.
- Decision. This is the amazing step where we decide which thoughts are being born. Choose wisely.
Once you have your idea, and still feels good in your gut, go ahead and decide to make it a reality. If you don't make a decision, your good feeling thought and great idea might never be manifested and you, and other people, will be missing out on the experience your idea will offer.
- Action. Here's where you actually get moving and make your idea happen. This is the birthing step where you begin seeing outside of you what begun inside in your mind. Amazing isn't it?
An action may be as simple as picking the right pair of shoes to wear right now, or preparing dinner, to doing something more complex like inventing something new or creating a new business.
Just get moving. Do something that feels good as you move in that direction. You'll begin to feel the benefits of accomplishment in this step.
- Results. The results are the manifestation that you obtain and see after you have gone through the steps. So, when you see something you don't like in your life, it's too late to try and change it because the creation process is completed at this point.
The best thing to do is to begin the process again by selecting a good feeling thought, finding a new idea, and acting upon it. You can modify your thought, or change it to a new one, so you can have an improved result on the same subject, or you can move entirely to a new thought and create something else. You decide... it's your life.
The collection of Results in your life is what makes your reality."
When you feel good about a thought, it's very likely that the ideas that come from it are also good. Therefore, the decisions made, the actions taken, and the results obtained, should also make you feel good. Make sure you keep track of your feelings at all time.
You create a successful life by selecting thoughts that make you feel good. Enjoy your creation. You are creating a life that feels good. A life that makes you feel accomplished, fulfilled and joyful.
What about you? Now that you know how to create a successful life, do you feel empowered or terrified?