Life’s Purpose vs Life’s Intention
Imagine you are going to the state fair. What is your intention for going there? To have fun, right? To experience new rides, new foods, to be part of something great where so many people go to have a similar experience of fun, excitement and joy. Your intention is what you plan to get out of it.
Now, what’s the purpose of going to the state fair? To experience the thrill of the rides going up and down, to feel the taste and flavor of different and possibly new foods, to experience a joy that cannot be experienced anywhere else. The purpose of going to the state fair is to feel the experience through all your senses.
Do you see the difference? The intention for our lives is the plan and the desire of what we mainly intend to accomplish during this lifetime -the “what”, and the purpose of our lives is how we want to experience this life –the “how”.
The intention was set by your Self before coming to this world. You knew what you wanted to experience, you knew what you wanted to try, what you wanted to feel.
The purpose of your life is choosing experiences in life so you can feel, learn and grow. It is all you and only you enforcing your God given free will.
So, how do you want to experience this life? What are you going to do? What are you going to choose to be, do or have? Just remember that your choices need to be aligned to your intention so you can reach fulfillment, abundance and joy.
Life is a field of unlimited possibilities” –Deepak Chopra
Remember and discover
- Follow your Self –If you pay attention to what interests you, you will find the direction your Self/your Soul is giving you. Follow that part of you that is guiding you. If it feels good, then that’s the way.
- Numerology –Numerology is the study of significance of numbers. The numbers in your life have a meaning and there is a code message embeded in them, especially your birth date. If you feel an interested in learning what your birth date says about your intention for coming to this life, I can help you.
- Astrology –Astrology is the study of the significance of the planets' location right at the moment you were born. The location of the planets at the moment of your birth have a meaning that can also help you remember the intention of your life.
- Intuitive Mediums –There are some really good mediums out there that can also help you with remembering your life’s Intention. Make sure you do a very good research when looking for one.
We are born at a given moment in a given place and like vintage years of wine we have the qualities of the year and of the season in which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything else" –C.G.Jung
- Mind Map –A mind map is a circle with your name in the center and more circles branching out from it. Make a branched circle for each of these: Education, Jobs, Hobbies, Talents, Interests, Training. From each of these, branch out to include more circles with information related to each one of them. Once done find the theme of the mind map. This should give you an idea of what to do next.
- Euler’s Diagram –This diagram is a set of 4 circles intersecting in the center of them all. Each circle has one of the following questions: What do you love? What does the world need? What can you get paid for? and What are you good at? The intersection of them all is your purpose right now.
- Reflect, listen and imagine –These refer to your past, present and future.
Remember when you were a child, what did you enjoy doing, but mostly remember why? How did you feel when doing it? See where and how you can get the same essence of that feeling now.
Pay attention to yourself now. What do you enjoy now? What you do like now? Mostly, what do you talk about the most? That is a great way to see what wants to flow out from you, what you want to express.
Now, imagine you are sitting on a patio chair outside of your home reflecting back at your life. What do you see yourself giving thanks for? What do you appreciate your life for? What were the best moments of your life? These should give you an idea of what to begin doing now so you get to that reflecting moment later.
- Your next lifetime –Answer the following question assuming you believe in reincarnation: If you were to live the perfect life next time, what would it look like? What would you be doing? Who would you be? What would you do? What would you have? This is a good indication that you would like to do those things now. Keep thinking about it and see how you can bring those things in this current life time.
- Clarify your desires –Nothing can help you discover your purpose more than being clear on what you desire. Do you know what you want and why? You have to be very clear and above all believe and “know” that you can accomplish that desire, whatever it may be. Don’t care for now how it will happen, just clarify what you want now. So, what are some things that you “know” are for you? Those that you feel so strong in your bones, those are for you.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why” –Mark Twain
Do you know of another way that can help you find your life’s intention and purpose? Let me know in the comments below.
Fulfilling Your Life’s Purpose
9 Ways to Help You Discover Your Life’s Purpose
Begin Living Your Life's Purpose Today
What is the Purpose of Life?